Wednesday, July 22, 2009










Here is our little garden. So far the cucumbers have done great we eat them daily, and our zucchini has given us some delicious bread. The beans were a learning experience...we'll get it right next year. Does anyone have peppers yet? Are we really behind in the bell pepper department? Tomatoes will be here soon (yummy yummy). We have been getting a few a week from our csa and man oh man have I missed tomatoes. I rarely ever buy them during the winter because what you can get at the store......those are not tomatoes people!

Its been a long time coming, and I am so glad tomatoes are back. We also have some hot peppers and lots of herbs...oh and some beets. It turns out I'm not a real big fan of beets. who knew. I have been using the greens a bit, so its not a total waste. Oh and that big blue thing is our rain bucket that catches all the rain ,so we have water to put on the garden. it saves us millions probably.

1 comment:

Carolyn said...

Nice garden! I hope we can plant one next year. Are you having any trouble with deer or other animals eating your food? I like your rain barrel. I've been looking at the ones at this site called Aaron's Rain Barrels and I really want one.
http://www.ne-design.net/